There is still time for amateur artists to register for tomorrow’s ChalkFest at Reston Town Center.
The Initiative for Public Art Reston (IPAR) is sponsoring the first ChalkFest at RTC. A similar event took place and was well received earlier this year at Lake Anne Plaza.
The event is open to amateurs of all ages, as well as to professional artists.
Here is what you need to know:
- Visit IPAR’s website to register and reserve your chalk plot. You must register in advance.
- Space reservations are $15.
- Professionals and teams of more than three started work on Friday. Other artists will work from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.on Saturday.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for each category: professionals, amateurs, audience choice and families and kids.
- IPAR will provide the chalk.
- For more information, read these rules and tips from IPAR.
- Watch the video above to see a clinic and tips from a professional mural artist.