Editor’s Note: This is just a limited list of events taking place in the Reston area this weekend. If you have an event you would like to ensure is listed on the website, be sure to submit it to our Events Calendar. Know of other events in the area? Comment below.
Closures are in effect ahead of Christmas weekend, but there are still a few options for things to do in the area:
- Horse-drawn carriage rides continue on Saturday from 4 to 9 p.m. at Reston Town Center. Rides depart from Market Street near Clyde’s and cost $5 per person. Children under 5 ride free.
- Have your gifts wrapped by volunteers at Hyatt Regency’s Market Street entrance on Sunday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Donations will benefit Kids 4 First.
- Enjoy a holiday break brunch at Mon Ami Gabi from Tuesday through Friday. The brunch runs from 11:30 a.m. through 4 p.m.
- Take part in college night skate night at the Ice Skating Pavilion in Reston Town Center every Thursday through March from 6 – 9 p.m.
- Paulina Peavy’s exhibition at Greater Reston Arts Center continues every Tuesday through Saturday, Feb. 17 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Santa will visit Glory Days Grill on 1400 North Point Village Center on saturday from 10 a.m. to noon.
Glory Days Grill will open at North Point Village Center next week, a company spokesman said.
The restaurant, which has been under construction in the former Blockbuster Video space for more than a year, is holding a soft opening for invited guests on Monday.
Glory Days will then open to the public Wednesday at 11 a.m.
Glory Days is a regional sports-themed restaurant with locations in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Florida.