Fairfax County Police say that Hunter Mill Road between Hunter Station and Lawyers Roads will be closed for several days as flood waters have damaged the road.
Earlier, county officials said there were 10 water rescues on Friday as people tried to drive through standing water.
(Original story, 8 a.m. Friday)
Close to three inches of rain fell overnight in the Reston area, and a flash flood warning remains in effect for until 10:15 a.m. Friday.
The National Weather Service says streams are rising extremely rapidly from the rain.
As of 7:30 a.m., the following area roads have closures, according to Fairfax County:
11400 South Lakes Drive (tree down)
- Hunter Mill Road between Hunter Station and Cedar Pond
- Browns Mill Road between Rosewood Hill and Windstone Drive
- Leigh Mill Rd at Kelso Road
- Shaker Drive near Wiehle Avenue
- 675 Utterback Store Road
- Beach Mill Road at Olympia
- Walker Road/Manning Street
- Leesburg Pike/Colvin Run Road
See full list of closures on Fairfax County’s blog.
Photo courtesy Fairfax County
This story will be updated as weather news occurs.