The filing deadline is Feb. 3 for the election in March and April.
RA board members guide the policy of the association, which includes more than 20,000 households. It is the largest homeowner’s association in Virginia and the de facto local government in Reston.
The board needs:
- Hunters Woods/Dogwood District Director for a three-year term (vacated by Cheryl Beamer this year and temporarily filled by Ellen Graves)
- At-Large Director for a one-year term (Donna Rostant’s recently vacated seat)
- At-Large Director for a three-year term (currently held by Andy Sigle)
- Apartment Owners Representative for a three-year term (current rep Amanda Andere is not running for re-election)
To qualify you must:
- Be a member of the Reston Association – either a renter or property owner
- Complete a Statement and a Petition of Candidacy (download form below)
- If you run for a district seat, you must live in that district
To file as a candidate fill out these forms:
Elections are by mail/internet in March and the new board members are sworn in in April.
For more information or questions, e-mail [email protected] or call 703-435-6512.