Dominion says it expects to be able to meet demand, however all power sources in its 13-state region are expected to be running at maximum levels.
The company says you can do your part by:
- Setting the heating system thermostat to the lowest temperature that leaves you comfortable. Dominion and the U.S. Department of Energy generally recommend 68 degrees. If you have a heat pump, it is important that you leave it on a constant setting for maximum energy savings.
- Turning off any unneeded lights.
- Delaying using dishwashers, washing machines, clothes dryers and other large appliances until later in the evening.
- Keeping the water heater set at 120 degrees. If your water heater is located in an unheated space, install an insulation wrap on the heater and adjacent pipes to prevent heat loss.
- Sealing any areas where you feel cold air coming into the house, such as underneath and around exterior doors, windows and electric outlets.
- Closing the flue to any fireplace that is not in use.
A car on Sunrise Valley Drive passes the Innovation Metro station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is again asking the state for money to offset anticipated reductions in…
COO Larry Butler will retire in the summer after more than 40 years with Reston Association (courtesy RA) Reston Association‘s COO Larry Butler is officially retiring after more than 40…
A woman walks her dog at Lake Anne Plaza (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The President Stops by Springfield — Joe Biden discussed his economic plans yesterday (Thursday) at the…
Reid says the company plans to “expand on animals, offerings, ethics, and family-friendly adventure,” but declined to comment further. “The architectural renderings planned improvements are still under production. A family-friendly…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.