Then plan to attend the Hunter Mill District Community Summit Saturday at Herndon’s Frying Pan Park, 2709 West Ox Road.
Here are the highlights:
* Summit runs from 8 a.m. to noon and will feature presentations by Hunter Mill Supervisor Cathy Hudgins and others.
* 9 a.m. — Hunter Mill virtual field trip.
* 10 a.m. — Budget presentation by County executive Ed Long; County priorities talk by Board of Supervisors chair Sharon Bulova; Schools report from Hunter Mill School Board rep Pat Hynes.
* 10:45 a.m. — “Hunter Mill Huddle,” a scrum of ideas from leading policy makers in the Hunter Mill District on such topics as human services, parks, planning, police, schools and transportation.
* 12 p.m. — Q & A and wrap up.
Representatives from the Fairfax County Department of Taxation will also be on hand to help citizens in tax consultations or to answer questions about real estate tax.
RSVP by email to [email protected] or call the Hunter Mill District Office at 703-478-0283.