Interested in what is happening in Fairfax County’s Hunter Mill District.
Then plan to attend the Hunter Mill District Community Summit Saturday at Herndon’s Frying Pan Park, 2709 West Ox Road.
Here are the highlights:
* Summit runs from 8 a.m. to noon and will feature presentations by Hunter Mill Supervisor Cathy Hudgins and others.
* 9 a.m. — Hunter Mill virtual field trip.
* 10 a.m. — Budget presentation by County executive Ed Long; County priorities talk by Board of Supervisors chair Sharon Bulova; Schools report from Hunter Mill School Board rep Pat Hynes.
* 10:45 a.m. — “Hunter Mill Huddle,” a scrum of ideas from leading policy makers in the Hunter Mill District on such topics as human services, parks, planning, police, schools and transportation.
* 12 p.m. — Q & A and wrap up.
Representatives from the Fairfax County Department of Taxation will also be on hand to help citizens in tax consultations or to answer questions about real estate tax.
RSVP by email to [email protected] or call the Hunter Mill District Office at 703-478-0283.
U.S., Virginia and Fairfax County flags blow in wind (staff photo by Jay Westcott) The time to get any patio furniture and other loose, outdoor objects inside is now. At…
The annual Tour de Hunter Mill bicycle ride returns to Reston next month (courtesy Lisa Connors) The third annual Tour de Hunter Mill will return to Reston in May. Participants…
A Silver Line train at the McLean Metro station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The final touches on the first phase of the Silver Line project that brought Metro into…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. It’s that time of year again…