Update, 2:40 p.m. Wednesday: The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory, in effect from 6 p.m. Wednesday evening to 11 a.m. Thursday.
Winds are expected to be from the Northwest at 20-30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
Should you lose electricity, here are the numbers to report outages:
- Dominion Virginia Power: 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357), TTY 711.
- Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC): 1-888-335-0500 or 703-335-0500, TTY 711.
Other tips to consider:
- Take care driving high profile vehicles.
- Secure outdoor furniture.
- If you have a police, fire or medical emergency, call 9-1-1. For non-emergency needs, call 703-691-2131.
- If you have downed trees, here’s a resource list of who to call.
Technically, Spring begins March 20. But temperatures will be “Springlike,” touching 70 by early afternoon. Then Northern Virginia revisits winter.
Wednesday afternoon will see rain and win with gusts up to 40 miles per hour.
Then the temperatures will fall fast. The National Weather Service says it will be in the low 20s overnight, with a slight chance of snow showers after midnight.
Get your winter coat out again Thursday: the highs will be in the low 30s.
Temperatures return to the 50s and 60s for Friday and the weekend.