Snow fell overnight, causing a number of closures and delays for Tuesday, Jan. 27.
Fairfax County and School Status
- Fairfax County Government offices are open today, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed today, Jan. 27, 2014. School Age Child Care(SACC) centers are closed.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court have not yet made a decision on operating status as of 7 a.m.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, visit fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Services programs and events visit fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs.
The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at 703-476-4500, TTY 711, restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Lake Anne in snow/file photo
Sully’s Pour House in Herndon (via Google Maps) The case against a man who allegedly fired a gun at Sully’s Pour House in 2021 is moving forward. A status hearing…
The Lake Thoreau Pool is under renovation (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The renovation of Lake Thoreau Pool is roughly one month behind schedule, according to Reston Association staff. At…
Fairfax County Public Schools (file photo) An independent investigation found no basis to claims that notices of National Merit Scholarship commendations were intentionally withheld from students, Fairfax County Public Schools…
Police Standoff Ends After 36 Hours — Fairfax County police took a reportedly armed woman into custody shortly after midnight, ending a barricade on Richmond Highway that began before noon on Tuesday (March…