The victim told police the suspect approached and assaulted the victim with a bottle, then fled on foot.
The victim was treated for non-life threatening injuries near the scene, police said. The suspect was described as Hispanic, between 5 feet 5 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall and wearing a green and white striped stocking cap.
In other police news this week.
The first was in the 12700 block of Magna Carta Road in unincorporated Herndon on Feb. 5.
Two break ins occurred on Harpers Square Court. One on Feb. 6, another on Sunday.
In all cases, residents reported someone entered the buildings and and took property. Police did not specify what was taken.
- 2400 block of Centreville Road, wallet from business.
- 11400 block of North Shore Drive, catalytic converter from vehicle.
- 12100 block of Sunset Hills Road, phone from business.
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, beverage from business.
- 11900 block of Sloane Court, cash from vehicle.
- 12100 block of Sunset Hills Road, briefcase from business.
- 12100 block of Sunset Hills Road, cash from vehicle.
- 12025 block of Town Square, purse from vehicle.
- 1900 block of Crescent Park Drive, 2003 Chevy Silverado.
- 11900 block of Market Street, 2010 Infinity G37X.
Nearly a mile of Hunter Mill Road in Reston has been closed in response to an outside gas leak in a residential neighborhood. The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department…
The bank is slated to open at the Campus Commons development in Reston (via Google Maps) A new bank is coming to Reston’s Campus Commons development. Capital Bank appears to…
Written by Mina Lucks, Synergy Design & Construction The 2023 Reston Home Tour recently sparked our imagination with its theme “A Style All Their Own,” which beautifully encapsulates the essence of…
Two teachers walk in a school corridor (via Virginia Department of Education/Facebook) The Virginia Department of Education is launching a pilot program to help support new and inexperienced principals at…