After years of discussion, the school board approved a new bell schedule last October in order for high school students to get extra sleep time. Instead of starting at 7:20 a.m., high schools will begin between 8 and 8:10 a.m.
Most elementary schools will only be slightly adjusted, but middle schoolers will be seeing an earlier start.
The change will benefit more than 57,000 high school students representing more than 30 percent of FCPS’ student population, the school system said.
The school system says transportation teams are working on bus schedules and parents will receive information on bus schedules during the summer.
Here are the bell schedules for Reston schools in 2015-16:
- Aldrin 9:20 a.m. to 4:05 p.m.
- Armstrong 8:55 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- Crossfield 9:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Dogwood 8:50 a.m. to 3:35 p.m.
- Forest Edge 8:50 a.m. to 3:35 p.m.
- Fox Mill 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Hunters Woods 8:55 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
- Lake Anne 8:50 a.m. to 3:35 p.m.
- Sunrise Valley 9:20 a.m. to 4:05 p.m.
- Terraset 9:20 a.m. to 4:05 p.m.
- Herndon 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Hughes 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
- Herndon 8:10 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
- South Lakes 8:10 a.m. to 2:55 p.m.
- Thomas Jefferson 8:40 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Reston Station (file photo) Qualtrics, a technology and data research company, has officially opened its doors in Reston. The company, which provides artifical intelligence-driven software to assist businesses with customer…
The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint…
Jersey Mike’s is set to open at Seneca Corner in Great Falls (courtesy Republic Land Development) Another fast food option will soon be open in Great Falls. Jersey Mike’s Subs…