(Updated 4:30 p.m. Friday with additional details) A 42-year-old Reston man has been charged with burglary and assault after police said he forced his way into his neighbors’ Reston Town Center condo Wednesday evening.
Fairfax County Police said two residents of The Savoy, at 12000 Market St., were home about 11:18 p.m. when they answered a knock at the front door.
The suspect, identified by police as Justin Hughes, entered the condo, assaulted the victims then fled on foot.
Police said the victims and Hughes are next-door neighbors in the apartment building and knew one another.
One of the victims suffered non-life-threatening injuries, police said. Officers then located Hughes in the hallway outside the victims’ apartment and charged him with with burglary and two counts of assault.
In other crime news this week from FCPD’s Reston District Station:
Two burglaries in the area on March 19. In the first incident, a resident of the 13000 block of Rose Petal Circle, near Frying Pan Park in unincorporated Herndon, reported someone entered the residence and took property. Police said a 1999 Toyota Corolla was also stolen from the same block that night, but it is not known whether it was from the same home.
Also on March 19, a resident of the 10900 block of Thanlet Lane in Reston reported someone entered the residence and took property.
- 13100 block of Parcher Avenue, cash from business
- 2400 block of Alsop Court, property from vehicle
- 1100 block of Dranesville Road, purse from vehicle
- 11900 block of Heathcoat Court, cash from vehicle
- 1000 block of Autumn Mist Lane, property from residence.
- 11900 block of Democracy Drive, phone from business.
- 1700 block of Business Center Drive, bag from business
- 8700 block of Potomac Hills, purses from vehicle
- 1800 block of Cameron Glen Drive, medication from vehicle
- 2300 block of Old Trail Drive, items from vehicle
Photo: Justin Hughes/Credit: FCPD