This is a sponsored post by Eve Thompson of Reston Real Estate.
There were 50 new properties that came on the market this week, bringing the total number of active listings to just under 300.
The Reston market is very active but still very, very price sensitive. When you sit down with your agent to review comparable home sales, resist the urge to pad the price so you can negotiate it. That usually leads to lingering on the market. Your goal as a seller should be to find the best intersection of price vs. condition to motivate the buyers to take action.
Here are a few of the new listings for Reston this week.
On the Just Sold front, we had 22 properties go from PENDING to SOLD in the last week.
With 299 active listings, that leaves us with an average inventory of just under 3.5 month’s supply. The first-quarter sales in Reston were up by 10 percent over the past five-year average.
Here are a few of the sold listings from this past week.
- 1602 Woodstock Lane, 4BR 3.5BA. List Price $900,000. Sold Price $900,000
- 11739 Great Owl Circle. 3BR 3.5BA. List Price $560,000. Sold Price $560,000. Subsidy $14,500
- 11415 Great Meadow Drive. 4BR, 2FB, 2 HB. List Price $599,900. Sold Price $595,000. Subsidy $9,000
- 11870 Abercorn Court. 4BR, 3BA. List Price $410,000. Sold Price $415,000. Subsidy $7,500
- 12025 New Dominion Parkway #508. 2BR 2BA. List Price $725,000. Sold Price $705,000
- 1830 Fountain Drive. #503. 2BR 2FB. List Price $543,000. Sold Price $539,000. Subsidy $2,000
For more information on Reston’s real estate market visit Reston Real Estate.