National Night Out is an annual, nationwide community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, better places to live.
Activities range from keeping the outside lights on all night in a show of solidarity to carnival fun with community police officers.
Here’s what’s happening in Fairfax County Police’s Reston District Station:
- Hunters Woods Coalition National Night Out Kickoff Fun — 12 to 1 p.m. RCC Hunters Woods
- Southgate Community Center — Games, Hot Dogs and Refreshments, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Rock Hill NW — Lights On Campaign, 6:30 to 10 p.m.
- Hunting Horn Lane — Lights On Campaign, Overnight
- Saddler Oaks — Ice Cream Social, 7 to 8 p.m.
- Monterey Estates — Gathering 8 to 8:30p.m.
- Great Falls Community Crossing — Pizza, Show and Tell Q&A, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- McNair Farms (Land Bay 2) — Ice Cream Social, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Reflections Homes — Small Food/Bounce House, 6 to 9 p.m.
- West Glade Aparments — Food and Games, 5 to 8 p.m.
Photo: National Night Out/Courtesy FCPD
The Fairfax County Police Department is grappling with high levels of understaffing and attrition, a problem that law enforcement officials warn could intensify in the coming months. During a public…
The nonprofit Virginia Recreation and Park Society recently recognized Reston’s multimillion-dollar pool renovation of the Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center along with community leader Bill Bouie. The statewide group applauded…
Today’s Listing of the Day is a 2 BD/3.5 BA brick townhome located at 11483 Heritage Commons Way.
Student working on computer (via Annie Spratt/Unsplash) Fairfax County Public Schools and the Fairfax County Public Library are recipients of federal funding to help provide internet access and necessary devices…