National Night Out is an annual, nationwide community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, better places to live.
Activities range from keeping the outside lights on all night in a show of solidarity to carnival fun with community police officers.
Here’s what’s happening in Fairfax County Police’s Reston District Station:
- Hunters Woods Coalition National Night Out Kickoff Fun — 12 to 1 p.m. RCC Hunters Woods
- Southgate Community Center — Games, Hot Dogs and Refreshments, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Rock Hill NW — Lights On Campaign, 6:30 to 10 p.m.
- Hunting Horn Lane — Lights On Campaign, Overnight
- Saddler Oaks — Ice Cream Social, 7 to 8 p.m.
- Monterey Estates — Gathering 8 to 8:30p.m.
- Great Falls Community Crossing — Pizza, Show and Tell Q&A, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- McNair Farms (Land Bay 2) — Ice Cream Social, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Reflections Homes — Small Food/Bounce House, 6 to 9 p.m.
- West Glade Aparments — Food and Games, 5 to 8 p.m.
Photo: National Night Out/Courtesy FCPD
Students wear and wave Pride flags at Fairfax High School’s walkout (photo by Carys Owens) Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairman Jeff McKay believes the county will be on “safe…
The anticipated groundbreaking is officially on pause (via Comstock) The redevelopment of downtown Herndon by Reston-based developer Comstock has been officially been put on pause. But Fairfax County’s commitment to…
Your new physical therapy and sports rehab experts in Tysons Corner. Rehab 2 Perform is bringing their fitness focused physical therapy company to Tysons Corner! R2P serves the community with…
The first major renovations to Reston Town Center’s in 30 years are well underway, with the pavilion set to reopen later this year. A spokesperson for Boston Properties says the…