A resident of the 11600 block of North Shore Drive called police about 10:30 p.m. to report an unknown person entered the residence and took property, police said.
An officer on another case found the suspect with property belonging to the burglary victim. Jaclyn Watts, 29, of Sterling was subsequently charged with burglary, police said.
In other crime new in the Reston District Station in the last week:
UNLAWFUL ENTRY, 2200 block of Huston Place, Oct. 25. A resident reported an unknown person entered a vacant residence. Nothing was taken.
- 11900 block of Bowman Towne Drive, property from residence.
- 2400 block of Centreville Road, wallet from business.
- 11500 block of Hickory Cluster, sunglasses from vehicle.
- 11600 block of Mediterranean Court, property from residence.
- 11500 block of Olde Tiverton Circle, bicycle from residence.
- 1800 block of Cameron Glen, property from vehicle.
- 1100 block of Dranesville Road, property from residence.
- 12000 block of Greywing Square, jewelry from residence.
- 300 block of Juniper Court, cash from residence.
- 1800 block of Cameron Glen Drive, phone from vehicle.
- 1700 block of Fountain Drive, cash from residence
- 2100 block of Gunnell Farms Drive, cash from residence
- 2300 block of Soapstone Drive, property from vehicle
- 13000 block of Worldgate Drive, wallet from business
(Updated, 4:30 p.m.) In the race for 36th District, incumbent Ken Plum was outraised by Republican challenger Matt Lang during July and August according to the latest campaign finance reports….
More than four-fifths of adults in the Fairfax Health District have gotten at least one shot of a COVID-19 vaccine, a hard-won milestone achieved after a summer of slowing demand…
Find what you need to know about signing severance agreements in Virginia in the latest Legal Insider.
Monday, September 20 Technology Help (4-6 p.m.) — Volunteers at Reston Regional Library are available to answer questions about technology. Half-hour slots are open for reservations. Tuesday, September 21 (un)disclosed…