Reston Association is seeking members to serve on the Design Review Board in three volunteer leadership positions. All terms are for three years.
The nine-member Design Review Board (DRB) interprets, administers and renders decisions involving the design covenants in accordance with the Design Guidelines of Reston Association.
Open positions include:
Design professional (2 seats): Architect, land planner, or landscape architect.
Lay Member (1 seat): Need not be a design professional.
Responsibilities of the DRB include:
- Interpret, administer and render decisions involving the Design Covenants in the Reston Deed of Dedication
- Propose amendments to the Design Guidelines to the Board of Directors
- Developing administrative and application procedures
- Review and render decisions on applications for improvements and alterations to property
- Consider and decide appeals from applicants and affected parties
- Consider requests for temporary exception permits
The DRB meets on the first, second and fourth Tuesday evening of each month in groups of three (panels), and as the Full DRB once a month.
Home in Reston/file photo
Find some good insights in this week’s Reston Home Insider, including: “If you’re not getting showing requests in the first 24 to 48 hours, your home is likely mispriced.”
A local employee was selected as employee of the year during this year’s RAMMYS. The awards, which are organized by Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington. Fully vaccinated guests attended the in-person…
The Fairfax County School Board discusses a first-year interim report of a two-year review of the district’s special education program (via FCPS) Fairfax County Public Schools is conducting the first…
Senior Movie Day Returns — Reston Association’s senior movie day returns to Bow Tie Cinema in Reston Town Center today. Doors open at 9:15 a.m. and the movie — Queen…