Reston Association is seeking members to serve on the Design Review Board in three volunteer leadership positions. All terms are for three years.
The nine-member Design Review Board (DRB) interprets, administers and renders decisions involving the design covenants in accordance with the Design Guidelines of Reston Association.
Open positions include:
Design professional (2 seats): Architect, land planner, or landscape architect.
Lay Member (1 seat): Need not be a design professional.
Responsibilities of the DRB include:
- Interpret, administer and render decisions involving the Design Covenants in the Reston Deed of Dedication
- Propose amendments to the Design Guidelines to the Board of Directors
- Developing administrative and application procedures
- Review and render decisions on applications for improvements and alterations to property
- Consider and decide appeals from applicants and affected parties
- Consider requests for temporary exception permits
The DRB meets on the first, second and fourth Tuesday evening of each month in groups of three (panels), and as the Full DRB once a month.
Home in Reston/file photo