Here are the incident reports for April 17-22:
- 2300 block of Colts Neck Road, wallet from residence
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, merchandise from business
- 11100 block of South Lakes Drive, merchandise from business
- 2200 block of Frear Place, laptop computer and phone from vehicle
- 2100 block of Centreville Road, wallet from vehicle
- 2200 block of Astoria Circle, wallet from vehicle
- 1600 block of Bentana Way, documents from vehicle
- 2000 block of Capstone Circle, license plate from vehicle
- 1800 block of Presidents Street, license plate from vehicle
- 2400 block of Centreville Road, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder
- 1000 block of Liberty Meeting Court, Toyota Sienna
- 11900 block of Thomas Avenue, 2006 Ford Focus
- 2400 block of Old Silo Court, 2011 Toyota Camry
Rakesh Kapoor, a Fairfax County Department of Code Compliance Inspector, is facing additional charges after being arrested for obtaining money under false pretenses in March.
This month, an additional victim came forward, police said An employee at a local church reported three similar interactions with Kapoor, which occurred in December of 2015 and in January of 2016.
The victim told police Kapoor had promised services to the church in return for money. Kapoor received payments independent of his position as a Code Compliance Inspector and for tasks outside of his scope of employment.
After further investigation by the Major Crimes Division, three additional felony warrants for Obtaining Money by False Pretense were issued for Kapoor on Tuesday, April 19. He was arrested the next day.
Police are still seeking the community’s assistance in this case. If anyone is aware of similar or suspicious events of this nature, please call 703-691-2131, to report it or Crime Solvers electronically by visiting http://www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org/ or by calling 1-866-411-TIPS(8477).
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Reston Station (file photo) Qualtrics, a technology and data research company, has officially opened its doors in Reston. The company, which provides artifical intelligence-driven software to assist businesses with customer…
The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint…
Jersey Mike’s is set to open at Seneca Corner in Great Falls (courtesy Republic Land Development) Another fast food option will soon be open in Great Falls. Jersey Mike’s Subs…