Here are the incident reports for April 17-22:
- 2300 block of Colts Neck Road, wallet from residence
- 2300 block of Hunters Woods Plaza, merchandise from business
- 11100 block of South Lakes Drive, merchandise from business
- 2200 block of Frear Place, laptop computer and phone from vehicle
- 2100 block of Centreville Road, wallet from vehicle
- 2200 block of Astoria Circle, wallet from vehicle
- 1600 block of Bentana Way, documents from vehicle
- 2000 block of Capstone Circle, license plate from vehicle
- 1800 block of Presidents Street, license plate from vehicle
- 2400 block of Centreville Road, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder
- 1000 block of Liberty Meeting Court, Toyota Sienna
- 11900 block of Thomas Avenue, 2006 Ford Focus
- 2400 block of Old Silo Court, 2011 Toyota Camry
Rakesh Kapoor, a Fairfax County Department of Code Compliance Inspector, is facing additional charges after being arrested for obtaining money under false pretenses in March.
This month, an additional victim came forward, police said An employee at a local church reported three similar interactions with Kapoor, which occurred in December of 2015 and in January of 2016.
The victim told police Kapoor had promised services to the church in return for money. Kapoor received payments independent of his position as a Code Compliance Inspector and for tasks outside of his scope of employment.
After further investigation by the Major Crimes Division, three additional felony warrants for Obtaining Money by False Pretense were issued for Kapoor on Tuesday, April 19. He was arrested the next day.
Police are still seeking the community’s assistance in this case. If anyone is aware of similar or suspicious events of this nature, please call 703-691-2131, to report it or Crime Solvers electronically by visiting http://www.fairfaxcrimesolvers.org/ or by calling 1-866-411-TIPS(8477).
Safety crews investigate after the partial collapse and demolition of a Surfside, Florida, high-rise (via NIST) Following the collapse of a 40-year-old high-rise in Surfside, Fla., officials in Fairfax County…
A Brookfield Properties executive has detailed the company’s plans to advance a state-of-the-art office building in Reston for the Halley Rise development. The company says it is using distinguished architectural…
Reston Association could rename a field to honor a grounds maintenance supervisor, Richie Zeisler, who worked for the organization for over 45 years. “Among all his duties, building, maintaining, and…
November is on the horizon, and in Virginia, that means it’s almost time for another Election Day. This year, voters will determine the Commonwealth’s future for the next four years,…