Golden Kumi-Darfour, Skander Ballard and John LeBerre closed out their high school track and field careers with all-state honors at the Virginia 6A State Championship June 3-4 at Todd Stadium in Newport News.
Kumi-Darfour finished fourth in the 800 meters with a season-best time of 2:12.93. She anchored the SLHS 4×800 team of freshman Sophie Halkett and sophomores Olivia Beckner and Sarah Wolfe that finished seventh (9:28.68). Beckner also placed in an individual event, finishing third in the 1,600 meters with a personal best time of 4:58.24.
Ballard ran a 48.37 for third in the 400 meters and teamed with LeBerre, junior Ashton Reinhold and senior Nikolai Waithe for sixth in the 4×400 meter relay (3:24.49).
LeBerre also teamed with sophomore Alex Loukili and juniors Peter Sepulveda and Jack Watkins for seventh in the 4×800 meter relay (8:08.49) and finished fifth in the 800 meters with a 1:55.11, a personal best.
Senior Anas Fain was seventh in the 300 meter hurdles with a personal best time of 39.70.
Other SLHS results at 6A State Track and Field Championships:
- 100 Hurdles Semifinals: Devyn Jones 15.19 9th
- 110 High Hurdles Semifinals: Anas Fain 15.46 19th
- Boys 100 Meter Semifinals: Timiebi Ogobri 11.34 24th
- Girls 4×100 Meter Relay (Danielle Spears, Cara Hutson, Lena Weimerskirch, Alivia Damper): 51.18 23rd
- 300 Meter Hurdles: Devyn Jones 47.27 16th
- Girls 4×400 Meter Relay (Jones, Halkett, Monica Lannen, Kumi-Darfour):4:02.76 16th
Photo: Skander Ballard in the 4X400 relay/Credit: SLHS