Fairfax County Fire and Rescue crews rushed to Midtown Condominiums at Reston Town Center Sunday after an underground transformer sparked.
While smoke was visible from street grates, there were no visible flames despite the two-alarm call that brought more than a dozen fire trucks to scene at 11990 Market St. shortly before 11 a.m. Sunday.
Power was out in the building, and most residents (as well as employees of Subway and Roosters on the ground floor) self evacuated.
Market Street, Explorer Street and the area around Reston Town Square Park were blocked off until about 2 p.m.
Residents said they were back in the building with generator power Sunday afternoon.
The latest Reston Home Insider explains why buyer fatigue is so common right now and ways to push through it.
(Updated at 11:30 a.m.) Face masks are now required when students are inside Fairfax County Public School buildings, regardless of an individual’s vaccination status, the school district announced this morning…
Hundreds of electric scooters have started popping up around Fairfax County after the county announced last week that it had approved two vendors for its shared mobility device program. Bird…
CDC Updates Mask Guidance — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommends masks indoors in places with high or substantial COVID-19 transmission and in schools nationwide, regardless of…