Jimmy’s 9/11 Memorial Ride and Party in the Alley on Saturday, Sept. 4 is an all-day event at Jimmy’s, 697 Spring St., but patrons are invited to take part in all or just some of it.
Here’s what’s happening:
Jimmy’s Opens at 8 a.m.
The Outdoor Party in the Alley begins at noon with a All-U-Can-Eat Pig Roast Buffet, a special a la carte menu and live music indoors outdoors. There is no cover charge.
The pig roast buffet includes Slow-Cooked Pig, Beef Brisket, Grilled Chicken, Burgers, Dogs, Baked Beans, Slaw, Potato Salad, Corn-on-the-Cob, Jimmy’s BBQ Sauce and more. It’s all-you-can-eat. Adults, $20; kids, $8.
The tavern is also sponsoring a motorcycle ride to Quantico National Cemetery. That begins at 9 a.m. with registration and breakfast. The bikes will depart at 10 a.m. At 11 a.m., the group will place American Flags on veterans’ graves.
The cemetery visit will be followed by a visit to the U.S. Marine Crops Museum and Murlarkey Distillery, Bristow.
Cost: $30 per rider, which includes full breakfast buffet, an awesome ride, the pig roast and more.
Here is the schedule for musical entertainment:
- 12:00 p.m. – Open Jam with Brian Symmes
- 2:00 p.m. – Dedline
- 4:00 p.m. – Poker Run Awards with Jimmy!
- 4:20 p.m. – Performance of the National Anthem featuring Kimmy Holland
- 4:30 p.m. – JOTT-O Blues Band
- 6:00 p.m. – Theycallmepiano
- 7:00 p.m. – Unsullied
- 8:30 p.m. – The Roadducks
- 12:00 p.m. – The “Best Of” Open Mic Hosted by Andrew Lee!
- 8:30 p.m. – Nigel Brewer’s Tribute to the Fallen
- 9:00 p.m. – Soul Craft
- 10:30 p.m. – Johnny Rushmore Band
(Band lineups and times subject to change without notice)
Proceeds from the day benefit the Firefighters Fund of Fairfax County & the Herndon Fraternal Order of Police. For more details contact Jimmy at 703-470-4014 or [email protected].