The incident happened near the intersection of Ascot Way and Chesterfield Court about 3:45 p.m. Saturday.
The 59-year-old victim confronted the would-be thief when he saw him walking away with the bike, according to authorities. The two men started to fight, but the would-be robber fled without the bike when a passerby noticed the scuffle.
Police described the suspect as a 6-foot-1, 150-to-180-pound black man, wearing a green or olive-toned jacket and blue jeans.
The man was seen with a 5-foot-9 black woman in her early 20s, wearing a black skirt and shirt, with her hair parted and pulled up in two buns.
The victim refused medical attention.
In other weekend crime news from FCPD’s Reston Station:
- 12100 block of Chancery Station Circle, medication from residence
- 2100 block of Lirio Court, gun from vehicle
- 11900 block of Market Street, clothing from business
- 1600 block of Reston Parkway, purse from vehicle
- 11100 block of South Lakes Drive, liquor from business
- 900 block of Towlston Road, purse from vehicle
- 12000 block of Town Square, bicycles from business
- 1800 block of Wiehle Avenue, bicycle from residence
- 1500 block of Wood Crest Drive, hunting bow from vehicle
- 1500 block of Elk Point Drive, 2008 Honda Accord
Bicyclist crosses Wiehle Avenue in Reston at site of future bridge (staff photo by Jay Westcott) The weekend is almost here. Before the remnants of Hurricane Ian arrive or you…
11925 Triple Crown Road is one of eight houses in the 2022 Reston Home Tour (courtesy Reston Museum) Visitors will have a chance to step into an assortment of Reston…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. It’s that time of the year…
Fairfax County faces a marginal risk of flash flooding from Hurricane Ian (via NOAA) An October weekend once filled with fall events is starting to clear out, as Fairfax County…