Looking for something to do this weekend? Here is a sampling of what’s available in Reston:
- The South Lakes High School Chorus is presenting its Broadway Night event tonight and Saturday.
- Reston Town Center events this weekend include a kids’ cooking class at Il Fornaio, cartoon skate at the ice pavilion, Super Bowl festivities at American Tap Room and Mon Ami Gabi, and more.
- Potomac River Running will be putting on its For The Love Of It 10K, beginning at South Lakes High School (11400 South Lakes Drive), Saturday morning.
- Reston Community Players will close out their run of “Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike” tonight and Saturday at Reston Community Center’s CenterStage (2310 Colts Neck Road).
- Project-based charter school Ideaventions Academy (12340 Pinecrest Road) will be holding an open house Saturday.
- Art exhibitions “CUT” and “Springtime in Winter” remain on display at Greater Reston Arts Center (12001 Market Street) and Reston Art Gallery & Studios (11400 Washington Plaza W.), respectively.
- Del. Ken Plum will be at Lake Anne Coffee House (1612 Washington Plaza N.) on Saturday morning to discuss issues with his constituents.
- Red’s Table (11150 South Lakes Drive) won’t just be offering beer specials Sunday during the Super Bowl, but it will unveil its new bison chili as well.
- Kalypso’s (1617 Washington Plaza N.) will host a Super Bowl party Sunday, featuring regional foods from New England and Atlanta. A raffle will also be held to benefit Camp Sunshine.
Len Forkas plans to ski to the North Pole to raise money for his nonprofit organization (courtesy Hopecam) Len Forkas, a Reston-based businessman, is skiing to the North Pole in…
Outside 1st Stage in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors got a first look last week at a new plan that it hopes can…
A traveling exhibit is coming to Reston this week (courtesy Reston Museum) A traveling exhibition looking at the ins and outs of Prohibition in Virginia is coming this month to…
A cardinal perched on a power line in Vienna (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Developers Seek to Add More Housing in Fair Lakes — “Proposed updates to Fairfax County’s land…