71°Mostly Cloudy

Young Reston Child Rushed to Hospital After Being Burned With Boiling Water

by RestonNow.com — May 10, 2017 at 11:15 am 2 Comments

(Updated at 2:15 p.m.) A 10-year-old Reston child was rushed by helicopter to Children’s Hospital Tuesday evening with burns over 30 percent of the body following an accident with boiling water, according to fire and police officials.

First-responders from Fairfax County Police and Fire and Rescue rushed to the scene of the incident around 6 p.m. Tuesday, which took place in the child’s home in the 11800 block of Abercorn Court.

Reports indicate the child received second- and third-degree burns to the face, neck, back and feet from boiling water. A fire department spokesperson said the child accidentally tipped over a pot of boiling water on the stove. Authorities described what happened as an accident and said no criminal charges would be filed.

A medevac helicopter landed nearby at Hunters Woods Elementary School to transport the child to Children’s Hospital for treatment.

Save

Save

Save

  • Arielle in NoVA

    Ow 🙁 Glad she’s getting prompt treatment. Kids have died from this very type of accident. Hope this kid is OK.

    BTW, I hope they look into fish skin treatment (https://www.kerecis.com/technology/29-fda-approval). I saw a video or something about it a while back and it looks very promising – and not as painful as replacing bandages regularly.

  • Chuck Morningwood

    Oh my goodness gracious. My sympathies to the injured child and to the family. I hope the wounds heal quickly.

×

Subscribe to our mailing list