Reston Town Center has released the schedule for its 2017 Concerts on the Town series, featuring live shows on Saturday nights from June through August.
Performers in the series, which is in its 27th year, will include:
- June 3 — Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. (jazz crooner, former “America’s Got Talent” winner)
- June 10 — Hard Day’s Night (Beatles tribute)
- June 24 — Matuto (Brazilian, roots-rock, funk)
- July 1 — Deanna Bogart Band (boogie-woogie, jump blues)
- July 8 — Chuck Redd and the International Jazz All-Stars
- July 15 — The Adrian Duke Project (hits from the 1950s to today)
- July 22 — Scythian (Celtic, gypsy folk rock)
- July 29 — Love Canon (bluegrass covers of 1980s hits)
- Aug. 5 — Incendio (Spanish flamenco guitar, Latin fusion)
- Aug. 12 — Navy Band Commodores (big band jazz)
- Aug. 19 — Terrance Simien and the Zydeco Experience (Grammy winner)
- Aug. 26 — David Akers and the Soul Shakers (Motown and more)
(June 17 is the second day of the Taste of Reston, which will feature live entertainment throughout.)
A dance floor will also be available for each concert, with the exception of the Navy Band Commodores show.
Each concert is scheduled for 7:30-10 p.m., to be held rain or shine in the pavilion (11900 Market St.)
The series is free, because of a grant from the Reston Town Center Association with support from Boston Properties. Garage parking at Reston Town Center is also free on Saturdays.
File photo courtesy Reston Town Center
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Reston Station (file photo) Qualtrics, a technology and data research company, has officially opened its doors in Reston. The company, which provides artifical intelligence-driven software to assist businesses with customer…
The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint…
Jersey Mike’s is set to open at Seneca Corner in Great Falls (courtesy Republic Land Development) Another fast food option will soon be open in Great Falls. Jersey Mike’s Subs…