Programs include exploring the outdoors, arts and crafts activities, tennis, swimming and group sports.
“We pride ourselves in offering a fun, safe environment for kids ages three to 15,” said Dan Mernick, RA’s senior program manager.
The average counselor to child ratio is 1:8, according to Mernick.
RA’s website lists the following goals for the programs:
- Operate a fun and safe camp
- Maintain a non-biased atmosphere, free from stereotypes and inclusive of a diversity of people
- Improve camper communication with peers and adults
- Build self-esteem through positive interactions and reinforcement
- Teach constructive ways to resolve conflict
- Develop new strengths and abilities in the campers while increasing self-confidence
- Foster an appreciation and respect for the natural surroundings