The 27th annual Best of Reston Awards celebrated eight honorees for exception philanthropy and volunteerism late last week.
The event, held in partnership by Cornerstones and the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, raised $444,125 for Cornerstones, a non-profit organization that helps individuals overcome tough economic times.
The honorees are as follows:
- Marybeth Haneline – Engineering Inclusion and Making an Impact
- Leslie Kane – Revealing the Beauty of Kindness
- Northwest Federal Credit Union Foundation – Launching Young Lives
- Terry Redican – Reston’s Coach for all Seasons
- Andy Sigle – Support that Sings
- SOSi – Serving Those Who Serve
- South Lakes High School PTSA Food Pantry -Food from Heart to Heart (The Vade Bolton-Ann Rodriguez Legacy Award: “Entrusting the Community’s Future”)
Cornerstones’ CEO Kerrie Wilson lauded attendees for their support of the organization.
“Because of you, and your support, Cornerstones can offer support that provides stability to people at time of crisis, then empower them with resources and skills that offer hope for the future, for themselves and their family members,” she said.
Photos via Chip McCrea Photography