The Bluegrass Barn concert series, which celebrates bluegrass music, will kick off next month at Frying Pan Farm Park in Herndon. Concerts are held on Sundays from 7-9 p.m.
Season passes for all eight shoes and reserved seating are available online.
The series is sponsored by the Friends of Frying Pan Park, Vienna Hardwoods and Eastman Guitar and Mandolins in cooperation with Fairfax County Park Authority. Tickets are $18 in advance and $20 at the door.
The program breakdown is below:
- October 21: The Plate Scrapers, a traditional bluegrass band from western Maryland
- November 4: Gina Clowes Project, featuring Gina, who was raised in Virginia and has taken a national role as the banjo player for Chris Jones and the Night Drivers
- November 11: Donna Ulisse, a veteran songwriter and singer who was named Songwriter of the Year in 2016 by the International Bluegrass Music Association
- January 27: Only Lonesome, a band nominated by the Washington Area Music Association as the Best Bluegrass Group from 2013-2016
- February 10: Laurie Lewis, a Grammy Award-winning musician and international renown singer and songwriter who has recorded nearly 20 albums since her debut in 1986
- February 24: Nothin’ Fancy, a band based in Virginia
- March 24: Highland Travelers, a new band formed after The Boxcar and Ramblers Choice combined
The series will close off with a final show by the Becky Buller Band on April 14. Buller was the first person to win in both the instrumental and vocal categories at the International Bluegrass Music Awards.
Photo via Frying Pan Farm Park
A Fairfax County Fire and Rescue truck (file photo) A 17-year veteran of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department has been arrested for allegedly stealing drugs stored at two…
A Capital Bikeshare station at Market Street and St. Francis Street in Reston (courtesy FCDOT) A total of six new Capital Bikeshare stations may soon arrive around the Innovation Center…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. As your neighborhood expert in Fairfax…
Town of Herndon government offices (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Terms for Herndon Town Council members will remain unchanged after the council unanimously agreed to drop a proposal to increase…