The classic story of a young orphan girl in search of her parents in New York City who gets selected to stay at wealthy Daddy Warbucks’ residence is coming to Reston in two weeks.
The Reston Community Player’s production of the Broadway musical “Annie” will conclude the nonprofit theatre group’s 52nd season.
“How can you not love a spunky little girl who, against all odds, keeps hope alive and looks forward to a better tomorrow?” Director Sue Pinkman said in a press release. “Each year, another generation of little girls gets to know this classic character.”
The role of “Annie” will be shared by two actresses. The full cast is the following:
- Kylee Hope Geraci, Eva Jaber as Annie
- Doug Marcks as Daddy Warbucks
- Jennifer Redford as Miss Hannigan
- Claire Jeffrey as Grace Farrell
- Joshua Redford as Rooster Hannigan
- Emily Jennings as Lily St. Regis
- Richard Durkin as Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Nathan Ramee as Bert Healy
- Jane Keifer as Molly (orphan)
- Della McCahill as Tessie (orphan)
- Elizabeth Cha as Kate (orphan)
- Madelyn Regan as July (orphan)
- Elenora Fiel as Duffy (orphan)
- Eliana Redford as Pepper (orphan)
- Whimsy as Sandy
- Ensemble: Marissa Dolcich, Richard Durkin, Andy Gable, Aidan Goggin, Earle S. Greene, Kate Keifer, Kirk Kaneer, Nathan Ramee, Katie Pond, Jennifer Stevens, Sara Watson
Performances will be held at the Reston Community Center’s CenterStage (2310 Colts Neck Road) at 8 p.m. on April 26-27, May 3-4, May 10-11 and May 17-18. Matinees will be held at 2 p.m on May 5, May 11-12 and May 18.
The production of the family-friendly musical is appropriate for all ages.
Photo courtesy Reston Community Players