A house fire on the 600 block of Pemberton Court in the Town of Herndon on Tuesday (July 30) caused nearly $50,000 in damages.
The homeowner and the homeowner’s son — who were at home during the incident — evacuated the area before the fire department arrived. No injuries were reported.
The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department’s investigators believe a malfunctioning ceiling fan in a covered screen porch caused the fire.
“The cause of the fire involved an electrical event in the junction box of a ceiling fan,” the department wrote.
Three residents were displaced because of the fire. Red Cross Services were accepted by the family.
Photos via FCFRD