Herndon Home Fire Caused by Malfunctioning Kitchen Light

A fire that happened at a home in the Town of Herndon on Monday (Nov. 4) was caused by a malfunctioning kitchen light.

Local fire and rescue crews extinguished the fire in the single-family home. Two residents who were home at the time of the incident were not injured.

Fire investigators determined the fire was accidental in nature and started in the kitchen ceiling light fixture. The cause of the fire was an electrical event in the light fixture.

Residents of the home accepted assistance from the Red Cross.

The fire caused roughly $93,750 in damages.

File photo

Recent Stories

Information on reproductive rights resources will be posted to the Fairfax County website in light of the Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade. Last week’s decision leaves it…

After a two-year hiatus, the Lake Anne Cardboard Regatta will return to Reston on Aug. 13. The race, which is organized by the Reston Museum, will feature more than 50…

The oncoming train of the Silver Line extension is spurring a major planning initiative within the Town of Herndon. With the Herndon-Monroe Metro station expected to begin service in the…

Morning Notes

A mural on the side of the Quality Inn on Fordson Road in Groveton (staff photo by Brandi Bottalico) Motorcyclist Dies Falling from I-495 — “An Alexandria motorcyclist was killed…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list