The ranking determines how companies nationwide have expanded efforts to recruit and retain former service members into the job market.
Of the 14 companies in Fairfax County that made it to the list, five are in Herndon and Reston.
Here’s a list of the local companies that made it to the list:
- ManTech International Corporation (2251 Corporate Park Drive) – #15, 48 percent veterans
- Leidos (1750 Presidents Street) – #39, 22 percent veterans
- MAXIMUS (1891 Metro Center Drive) – #54, six percent veterans
- Peraton (12975 Worldgate Drive) – #87, 19.6 percent veterans
- Constellis (13530 Dulles Technology Dr) – #133, 25 percent veterans
A total of 144 employers took part in this year’s survey. Military Times conducted the survey with ScoutComms, a marketing and research firm that focuses on the military community. The firm recently ceased operations due to COVID-19, according to its company page.
Firms responded to nearly 100 questions detailing their policies and practices related to veterans.
Here’s more from Military Times on the project:
The success in recent years is evident in veterans unemployment figures, which have fallen steadily from their peak a decade ago. Even with this year’s spike in joblessness due to the coronavirus, unemployment among veterans remains lower than among their civilian counterparts.
In recent years, more companies are focused on not just hiring veterans but making sure the veterans who are hired succeed in the long term.
“It’s not about a job. It’s about a career. It’s about fit,” said Rosalinda Maury, who serves as IVMF’s director of research and analytics.
Comcast NBC Universal topped the list, followed by Southern Company.
Rendering via Boston Properties