Reston Town House Fire Caused by Broken Surge Protector

A malfunctioning surge protector caused a townhouse fire in the 2400 block of Pyrenees Court in Reston, according to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department.

Fire investigators determined the fire was accidental in nature.

The incident happened a little before 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Smoke alarms alerted two occupants about the fire in the bedroom.

Officials estimate the fire caused $18,750 in damages. No injuries were reported.

Photo via Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department

Recent Stories

The Kensington Reston Open House Weekend Spring is in full bloom and we’re celebrating the sunshine! Join us for our Open House Weekend at The Kensington Reston for a peek…

The weekend is almost here. Before you hop on a bicycle and hit the nearest trail, or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news…

A new business has opened up shop at Comstock’s Reston Station plaza near the Wiehle-Reston Metro Station. Scissors & Scotch opened in mid-April, bringing grooming services and a fully-stocked bars…

Fairfax County Public Schools didn’t get all the money it wanted, but its next budget still has room to address some key priorities, including staff compensation and efforts to reduce…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list