The Women’s March is coming to the Town of Herndon this weekend. Three women are are organizing the Herndon Women’s March on Saturday at 3 p.m. at the Herndon Town Green.
Participants will begin at the town green and end their march at the town hall. Masks and social distancing are required.
According to event organizers, the march is essential to preserve the rights of all women.
“In the wake of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s passing, thousands of Women’s Marchers gathered across the country in their communities to honor the life and legacy of the Notorious RBG. Together, we showed the world that this movement is more committed and fired up than ever to carry on the fight for justice and equality that RBG championed for so many years,” according to the event description.
So far, the following speakers have been confirmed for the march:
- Shyamali Hauth, EVP for the Virginia Equal Rights Coalition
- Pastor Michelle C. Thomas, President of Loudoun County NAACP
- Sean Perryman, President of Fairfax County NAACP
- Senator Jennifer Boysko, District 33
- Delegate Ibraheem Samirah, District 86
- Willow Woycke, LGBTQ+ Advocate
Photo by Elyssa Fahndrich/Unsplash