Seven Displaced in Herndon House Fire

Seven residents have been displaced following a house fire on the 1400 block of Bayshire Lane in the Town of Herndon on Oct. 18.

Fire investigators ruled that the fire in the single-family home was caused by an unattended candle. Information about the incident was released today (Monday). The c candle was left burning in the master bathroom,  according to the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department.

Fire and rescue crews from the FCFRD, Loudoun County Fire and Rescue Department and the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Fire and Rescue Department responded to the scene a few minutes before 1:30 a.m. that day.

The incident caused roughly $93,750 in damages. Seven people were at home when the fire began. No injuries were reported.

FCFRD is reminding residents of the following safety tips:

  • Never leave burning candles unattended
  • Keep all combustible materials away from open flames
  • Do not burn candles near windows or doorways
  • Place candles in glass or ceramic containers
  • Place candles on a flat, sturdy non-combustible surface
  • Never leave candles burning when children or pets are present

Recent Stories

A home-based golf instruction facility is planned in Great Falls (image via Google Maps). A home-based golf instruction facility is coming soon to a half-acre of land on 1051 Kelso…

Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Spring is a magical time in…

Reston Association (staff photo by Jay Westcott) New members of Reston Association’s Board of Directors officially took over following the first board meeting after the election. The new board formally…

Morning Notes

Morning at The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) County Sues Owners of Burned Annandale Buildings — “Fairfax County has filed suit against the owners of the buildings…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list