Monday, October 11
- Muscle Up Your Mondays with Crunch Fitness (6:30 p.m.) — Check out a complimentary workout at Reston Town Center.
Tuesday, October 12
- Nutrition & Stress Management for Anyone (noon) — Learn more about how to better manage your body and respond to negative stressors.
Wednesday, October 13
- Tea and Art Club (10:30 a.m.) — Explore different forms of painting in this social environment at Monroe Street Studio. Cost is $45.
Thursday, October 14
- Herndon Farmers Market (8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) — Stop by for some fresh produce from local vendors. Recurs weekly.
Friday, October 15
- South Lakes High School Homecoming Parade (5-6:30 p.m.) — The Seahawks will have their homecoming parade starting at Hunters Woods Plaza, which will arrive at the high school before the big game that night against Chantilly.
- “The Musical of Musicals (The Musical!)” (8 p.m.) — A satirical performance reminiscent of musical theater greats ranging from Andrew Lloyd Webber to Rodgers and Hammerstein kicks off at Reston Community Center’s CenterStage. Performances run through Nov. 6. Tickets cost $20 for adults but discounts are available.
- “A Familiar Melody” (8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday as well as 2 p.m. on Sunday) — A NextStop Theatre Company show brings together a selection of Broadway hits. Tickets are $30.
Saturday, October 16
- Herndon Homecoming Parade (9:30 a.m. to noon) — A school tradition resumes, running along a portion of Elden Street. This year’s theme is Herndon Goes Hollywood.
- Reston Home Tour (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) — A self-guided tour features four homes and an assisted living facility, The Kensington. Tickets are $35.
- Frying Pan Farm Park’s 60th Anniversary Day (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) — Visit this popular park for a special, free event featuring food trucks, a tractor parade and more
- Howl-o-ween Party (2:30-6:30 p.m.) — Enjoy music, food, drinks and more at Brown’s Chapel Recreation Area, and put your dog into a costume contest for $10 with advanced registration.
- Unbridled Passion (4 p.m.) — From Mendelssohn to Chopin, hear classics through the Reston Community Orchestra in a performance featuring piano soloist Faith Zuñiga at Reston Community Center Hunters Woods. Tickets for adults are $25. Kids 17 and younger are free.
Sunday, October 17
- All Ages Nature Workshops (2-3 p.m.) — Participate in activities at the Walker Nature Center. Cost is $7 for Reston Association members.
Boosters Available in Fairfax County — Fairfax County’s health department and other providers have begun offering boosters for eligible adult groups. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends getting…
Cornerstones‘ annual drive to provide gifts for children during the holiday season is coming up. The annual Gifts for Kids Drive will return with a similar look to last year’s…
Crews are building a luxury residential project with ground-floor commercial space along Dulles Station Boulevard near the Innovation Center Metro station. The Makers Rise project (2311 Dulles Station Boulevard) under…
Hot chicken fans have another option to satisfy cravings for a Nashville-style sandwich in Herndon. Hangry Joe’s Hot Chicken plans to open up a 1,350-square-foot location in Worldgate Centre…