Monday, Oct. 25
- “The Blackest Battle” (7:30 p.m.) — A production at the CenterStage blurs the lines between cinema and live performance, showing a story of racial violence in a futuristic setting after reparations have been paid. Tickets start at $15.
Tuesday, Oct. 26
- Network Night (5:30-7:30 p.m.) — Join Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce members and non-members for a monthly networking event. Tickets start at $20.
Wednesday, Oct. 27
- “Here Today” (10 a.m. to noon) — Senior Movie Day at Reston Town Center’s Bow-Tie Cinemas shows the 2021 movie about a comedy writer (played by Billy Crystal) who develops an unexpected friendship (with Tiffany Haddish) while they try to navigate life in the Big Apple. Free for adults ages 55 and over.
Thursday, Oct. 28
- Meet the Artists (2:15-3:30 p.m.) — Jazz singer Darden Purcell, a former Air Force Band vocalist, shares some of her favorite songs at the CenterStage. Free.
Friday, Oct. 29
- “The Musical of Musicals (The Musical!)” (8 p.m.) — A satirical performance reminiscent of musical theater greats ranging from Andrew Lloyd Webber to Rodgers and Hammerstein kicks off at Reston Community Center’s CenterStage. Performances run through Nov. 6. Tickets cost $20 for adults, but discounts are available.
Saturday, Oct. 30
- Falling for Fall (10:3o-11:30 a.m.) — Preschool programming shows the natural environment along with activities at Walker Nature Center. Cost is $6 for Reston Association members.
- Boo at the Pool (12:30-4 p.m.) — Swim after floating and sunken treats in the Reston Community Center’s Terry L. Smith Aquatics Center. Cost is $4 for Reston Association members.
Sunday, Oct. 31
- “The Turn of the Screw” (2 p.m.) — Catch the final performance of a NextStop Theatre Co. horror production. Tickets are $25. Adapted from the classic Henry James horror story, the play follows the journey of a governess caring for two kids when she begins to wonder if the home is haunted.
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue responded to a burned-up elevator motor at 226 Maple Avenue in Vienna on Saturday (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Metro Extends Blue Line Shutdown —…
Bicyclist crosses Wiehle Avenue in Reston at site of future bridge (staff photo by Jay Westcott) The weekend is almost here. Before the remnants of Hurricane Ian arrive or you…
11925 Triple Crown Road is one of eight houses in the 2022 Reston Home Tour (courtesy Reston Museum) Visitors will have a chance to step into an assortment of Reston…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. It’s that time of the year…