The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit a listing? Submit your pitch here!
Monday, Dec. 20
- Winter Break Camp — 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Brown’s Chapel Recreation Area — A day camp for kids ages 5 to 12 starts. Daily activities include outdoor nature activities, arts and crafts, sports, no bake cooking and science experiments. Cost begins at $60.
Tuesday, Dec 21
- Herndon Teen Book Club — 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Herndon Fortnightly Library and online — Talk about the book “Geekerella” with other teens.
Wednesday, Dec. 22
- Potions Class: From Alchemy to Chemistry — 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (virtual) — Create different colors, bubbling chemical reactions and more. This virtual camp for 2nd to 6th graders starts at $60.
Thursday, Dec. 23
- Aerial Cube and Corde Lisse — 6 p.m. at Shakti Rising — Learn aerialist techniques. Cost is $39.
Friday, Dec. 24
- Homeschoolers Meetup — 2-4 p.m. at Reston North Park — Join homeschool students at a playground during this weekly event.
Saturday, Dec. 25
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights — 5-10 p.m. at Meadowlark Botanical Gardens — Enjoy lights and holiday scenes in this annual transformation, which goes through Jan. 2. The tickets for those ages 2 and over are $18 each.
Sunday, Dec. 26
With a second week of consistently declining cases, Fairfax County’s current, omicron variant-fueled Covid wave has receded closer to the levels seen last winter. The Fairfax Health District, including the…
The Director of National Intelligence issued new guidance for federal employees regarding usage of CBD products, marijuana and investments in marijuana and is discussed in Legal Insider this week.
The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area. We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit…
Fairfax County Public Schools and six other school divisions, most of them in Northern Virginia, have sued to stop Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s order that makes face masks optional in schools….