The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit a listing? Submit your pitch here!
Monday, Feb. 14
- Valentine’s Day at Kalypso’s — all day, with a special music performance from 6-9 p.m. — Enjoy a four-course meal for $45 per person.
Tuesday, Feb. 15
- Herndon Teen Book Club — 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Herndon Fortnightly Library — Teens discuss the next book they’ve read, “The Lie Tree.”
Wednesday, Feb. 16
- Black Inventors Scavenger Hunt — all day at Great Falls Library — Use a scavenger hunt sheet to look through the children’s area for inventions by Black inventors. Prizes will be given to those who complete the game. Repeats Thursday.
Thursday, Feb. 17
- Toddlers & Twos — 10:30-11 a.m. at Herndon Fortnightly Library — Help kids gain early literacy skills and enjoy other activities.
Friday, Feb. 18
- “Every Brilliant Thing” — 8 p.m. at NextStop Theatre — An interactive show takes audiences on a journey in which a boy looks to help his mother while she faces depression. Tickets start at $25. Show runs through March 13.
Saturday, Feb. 19
- Board Games for Adults — Noon to 5:30 p.m. at Herndon library — Play modern designer board games with other adults.
Sunday, Feb. 20
- The Miró Quartet — 3 p.m. at The Barns — A classical quartet returns to Wolf Trap to perform the works of Joseph Haydn, Kevin Puts and Maurice Ravel. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. Tickets start at $44.
A portable mini golf course at Fairfax Corner (staff photo by Jay Westcott) State Senate Candidate Almost Fired by FCPD — “Republican state Senate candidate Bill Woolf, who is running in…
Downtown Herndon is slated for redevelopment into a mixed-use community (staff photo by Fatimah Waseem) The redevelopment of downtown Herndon — a long-delayed partnership between the Town of Herndon and…
Altria Group’s headquarters in Richmond (courtesy Altria Group Inc.) Fairfax County Public Schools will receive money to support student wellness after settling its portion of a class action lawsuit against…
County planners and consultants meet with Lake Anne Residential Condominium Association members to discuss the future of Lake Anne (courtesy Hunter Mill District Office) Planning efforts to determine an economic…