The weekly planner is a roundup of interesting events over the next week in the Herndon and Reston area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note. Want to submit a listing? Submit your pitch here!
Monday, Feb. 14
- Valentine’s Day at Kalypso’s — all day, with a special music performance from 6-9 p.m. — Enjoy a four-course meal for $45 per person.
Tuesday, Feb. 15
- Herndon Teen Book Club — 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Herndon Fortnightly Library — Teens discuss the next book they’ve read, “The Lie Tree.”
Wednesday, Feb. 16
- Black Inventors Scavenger Hunt — all day at Great Falls Library — Use a scavenger hunt sheet to look through the children’s area for inventions by Black inventors. Prizes will be given to those who complete the game. Repeats Thursday.
Thursday, Feb. 17
- Toddlers & Twos — 10:30-11 a.m. at Herndon Fortnightly Library — Help kids gain early literacy skills and enjoy other activities.
Friday, Feb. 18
- “Every Brilliant Thing” — 8 p.m. at NextStop Theatre — An interactive show takes audiences on a journey in which a boy looks to help his mother while she faces depression. Tickets start at $25. Show runs through March 13.
Saturday, Feb. 19
- Board Games for Adults — Noon to 5:30 p.m. at Herndon library — Play modern designer board games with other adults.
Sunday, Feb. 20
- The Miró Quartet — 3 p.m. at The Barns — A classical quartet returns to Wolf Trap to perform the works of Joseph Haydn, Kevin Puts and Maurice Ravel. Doors open at 1:30 p.m. Tickets start at $44.
A car on Sunrise Valley Drive passes the Innovation Metro station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is again asking the state for money to offset anticipated reductions in…
COO Larry Butler will retire in the summer after more than 40 years with Reston Association (courtesy RA) Reston Association‘s COO Larry Butler is officially retiring after more than 40…
A woman walks her dog at Lake Anne Plaza (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The President Stops by Springfield — Joe Biden discussed his economic plans yesterday (Thursday) at the…
Reid says the company plans to “expand on animals, offerings, ethics, and family-friendly adventure,” but declined to comment further. “The architectural renderings planned improvements are still under production. A family-friendly…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.