Frying Pan townhouse fire sparked by malfunctioning battery pack

A malfunctioning battery pack has been ruled as the cause of a townhouse fire in the Frying Pan area of Fairfax County.

Fire officials say that the fire, which happened on Saturday (June 18) around 9:30 a.m., started in the third-floor bedroom of the townhouse on the 13000 block of Rose Petal Circle. A charging lithium-ion battery pack was to blame.

Read more…

Recent Stories

One individual has been hospitalized after being shot by a Herndon police officer during a chase. The individual brandished a weapon during a chase that began when three suspects drove…

Reston Museum walking tours start at the museum and explore the Lake Anne area Step back in time! Join a Reston Museum docent on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. for a…

Reston Association is urging residents to avoid using water from Lake Thoreau for irrigation until mid-October. The guidance comes after Aquatic Environment Consultants treated Hydrilla, an invasive aquatic species, on…

More than two years into the pandemic, Fairfax County is settling into a more stable approach to COVID-19 testing. The Fairfax County Health Department will now support free testing at…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list