The weekend is almost here. Before you double check your Congressional district or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Upcoming gastropub restaurant in Reston reignites family legacy, pays ode to Lake Anne
- Nothing Bundt Cakes bakery arrives in Herndon, will offer free ‘bundtlets’ at grand opening
- JUST IN: Truck hits McLean power line, killing man and prompting outage
- BREAKING: Assistant arrested for allegedly assaulting special needs student at Dogwood ES
- Developer seeks to convert Tysons office building into ‘live/work’ units
- DEVELOPING: Pedestrian in hospital after crash in Pike 7 Plaza parking lot
- FCPS ‘reviewing’ Virginia’s proposed policies on treatment of transgender students
- Metro board takes key step to setting opening date of Silver Line Phase II
- Proposed ‘home share’ program could help house older county residents
- Reston planning committee approves Vantage Hill redevelopment
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to [email protected] or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
By the water at Reston’s Lake Anne Plaza (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Lake Anne’s plaza will once again spring to life this summer with concerts. Lake Anne Live! —…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Get ready to make this summer…
Some trees line Leesburg Pike (Route 7) in Idylwood (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) In an effort to reduce heat islands in vulnerable communities, the Fairfax County Department of Public…
A new neighborhood park is officially open at Reston Station (courtesy EYA) A new neighborhood park is officially online at Reston Station just in time for the summer — although…