The weekend is almost here. Before you prepare to turn back the clock on Sunday (Nov. 6) or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news in Fairfax County.
Here are the 10 most-read stories on FFXnow this week:
- Black bear filmed strolling by Adaire Apartments in Tysons
- Tysons black bear has also been seen in Vienna, Reston, police confirm
- JUST IN: Wegmans announces opening date for Reston location
- BREAKING: Silver Line Phase II to open in mid-November
- Developer seeks to build affordable apartments near Innovation Center Metro station
- Halloween creeps up on Tysons early with mall trick-or-treating
- Police identify suspected shooter in Skyline Towers shooting
- Business dedicated to stretching opens in North Point Village Center
- County hit with deluge of new voter registrations a week before election
- Police seek persons of interest after man fatally shot at Skyline Towers
Ideas for potential stories can be sent to [email protected] or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the county are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
Feel free to discuss these topics, your weekend plans, or anything else that’s happening locally in the comments below. Have a great weekend, Fairfax County!
The bar and lounge celebrated a soft opening earlier this month (via Eve’s Garden/Facebook) The Faraday Park neighborhood has officially welcomed another tenant: Eve’s Garden Lounge and Bar. The Asian…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Prepare to be amazed! Fairfax County…
The Herndon Festival returns to the town in June (courtesy Town of Herndon) “American Idol” winner David Cook will headline this year’s Herndon Festival, set to take place from June…
Banners commemorating U.S. service members killed in past wars hang in Fairfax City’s Old Town Square for Memorial Day (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Water Mine and Other Parks…