Happy New Year Fairfax!
As we are jumping right into 2023, I want to connect you with our Fairfax family and help you achieve your 2023 goals. Based on several surveys, here are the top 6 New Year’s Resolutions — I like to call them Goals — along with links to local and digital resources for each.
Exercise More: many of these businesses are offering membership sales this month.
Eat Healthier: bowls, smoothies, and organic produce are still popular!
- Playa Bowls
- Naked Lunch
- True Food Kitchen
- Boyla Fresh Bold Kitchen
- Roots Natural Kitchen
- South Block
- PLNT Burger
Save More Money: Advisors suggest you begin with a budget, review your expenses, and set financial goals. Check out these Best Money Saving Apps suggested by Bankrate.com.
- Digit — Best for optimizing savings decisions
- Qapital — Best for those who are motivated by visuals
- Long Game — Best for a game-like experience
- Chime — Best for effortless savings
- Current — Best for young adults seeking a banking alternative
- Acorns — Best for novice investors
- Mint — Best for financial newcomers
- Qoins — Best for those with debt
Spend More Time with Family and Friends: a game night at home is always fun, but here are some ideas to get out and about together!
- MUSE — paint bar
- Bad Axe — axe throwing
- Board & Brush — DIY wood sign workshop
- The Winery at Bull Run
- Maple Ave Restaurant — try brunch at this modern European bistro
- Bowlero Tysons — 36 lanes, an arcade, air hockey, you could even join a league
- Escapology — Fairfax’s live escape room
- Chubby Squirrel Tasting Room — and the crispy tots are great, too!
- The Boro — check out events and the latest restaurants in this vibrant neighborhood
- The Block Foodhall — food, ice cream, and a bar
- Go for a run or walk — check out some of my favorite trails here
Reduce Stress: these popular meditation apps are great tools to help with relaxation and better sleep.
Refresh Yourself: save at least one night a week to do something that refreshes you.
- Order in your life
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Listen to music
- Serve others/volunteer
Explore Fairfax with Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney.
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
Reid says the company plans to “expand on animals, offerings, ethics, and family-friendly adventure,” but declined to comment further. “The architectural renderings planned improvements are still under production. A family-friendly…
The Tysons location you want. The luxurious features and finishes you desire. The thoughtful amenities you deserve. This is Monarch — Tysons’ only new high-rise condominium building — opening Spring…
The Atrium at Worldgate office building in Herndon (via Google Maps) A new economic development hub is officially open in the Town of Herndon. The George Mason Enterprise Center has…
Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chair Jeff McKay (file photo) Fairfax County’s top priorities for 2023 will be increasing mental health services, boosting police retention, addressing commercial office vacancies, and…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.