UPDATE: Smoking Materials Caused Fire on Generation

Fire on generationsFairfax County Fire and Rescue says that improperly discarded smoking materials were the cause of a fire Tuesday afternoon on Generation Court in Reston.

The fire caused an estimated $75,000 in damages, officials said.

Firefighters were called to the townhouse at 11686 Generation Ct. about 5:20 p.m.

Smoke and fire were seen in the rear of the three-story, middle-unit townhouse, fire officials said. The fire was contained to one house with no fire extension to adjoining townhouses.

No one was home when the fire broke out and there were no injuries. Two adults have been displaced, fire officials said.

Recent Stories

OmBaked CBD Boutique at Lake Anne Plaza in Reston (staff photo by James Jarvis) OmBaked CBD Boutique at Lake Anne Plaza in Reston is hosting a holistic health fair next…

Morning Notes

Boaters and geese can be seen in the distance on Lake Accotink (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Man fires gun at dog, Fairfax County police say — “Fairfax County Police…

Morning Notes

Beaver munching on grass by Walney Pond in Chantilly (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Shake Shack proposed for Kamp Washington Shopping Center — “Fairfax City Board of Architectural Review approved…

Taim Mediterranean Kitchen is officially open in Reston (Photo courtesy taim). Taim Mediterranean Kitchen in Reston has permanently closed just four months after its opening. The New York-based chain, known…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list