A couple of things to know: Trick or Treating is not organized by Reston Association or Fairfax County, so there are no “official” hours or rules. Generally, trick or treaters show up around the time it gets dark, so plan on manning the candy bowl from about 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Weather forecast: mid-60s, but be on the lookout for a few raindrops.
Fairfax County has these safety tips for a fun Halloween:
- Don’t let the excitement of Halloween allow your children to ignore the normal safety precautions: Do not talk to strangers; do not go into homes or cars of people they do not know; and do not approach animals they do not know. Make sure children know their name, phone number and address and to provide this information to a police officer in an emergency or if they are lost.
- Younger children should have an adult with them while older children should provide their route and when they expect to return. If possible, provide a cell phone for your children.
- Children should only visit homes that have their porch lights on.
- Inspect your children’s candy before they eat it. Although food tampering is rare, it’s safest to eat only those candies that are individually wrapped and not homemade, unless you know the families who have prepared the homemade treats.
- Have flashlights or glowsticks for children and/or for the accompanying adult.
- Adults are reminded not to drink alcohol and drive.
Photo courtesy of Reston Association
The skeletal remains of Michael Delaney, the Reston man who went missing from Reston Hospital in May 2020, have been found in the Sugarland Run area, Fairfax County police confirmed….
One of the two residential towers planned for the Faraday Park development near the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station is now open to residents. Move-ins for 242-unit Faraday West tower officially…
Open houses this weekend include a 4 BD/2.5 BA home on a large lot with a swimming pool.
Reston Community Center has announced the lineup its 2021-22 Professional Touring Artist Series. After a truncated season with limited audiences last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the series will…