On Saturday, watch out for people running through the streets of Reston Town Center in various forms of undress.
It’s the return of the Nearly Naked Mile, where runners go “family friendly nearly naked” for the race. Skivvies, sports bras, a toga or two — It all adds to the fun. You never know what you are going to see, but hopefully you won’t see too much.
Here is what you need to know:
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 :30 p.m. Registration packet pickup and pre race party at Reston Town Center
- 2 p.m. – Race begins. There will be five heats depending on times – from 10-minute miles to competitive (sub six-minute mile).
- At the finish line, runners will be greeted by the Northern Virginia Bag Pipers – and a glass of beer (for runners of legal age).
- Naked Pizza will be serving food.
- The first 600 runners to register receive flannel boxer shorts and a Nearly Naked Mile pint glass.
- Prizes include cash – and Nearly Naked Mile robes
- Net proceeds will benefit Medstar Washington Hospital Center’s Burn Unit.
- Registration fee: $30. Vist PR Racing’s website to register.