On Saturday, watch out for people running through the streets of Reston Town Center in various forms of undress.
It’s the return of the Nearly Naked Mile, where runners go “family friendly nearly naked” for the race. Skivvies, sports bras, a toga or two — It all adds to the fun. You never know what you are going to see, but hopefully you won’t see too much.
Here is what you need to know:
- 11:30 a.m. – 1 :30 p.m. Registration packet pickup and pre race party at Reston Town Center
- 2 p.m. – Race begins. There will be five heats depending on times – from 10-minute miles to competitive (sub six-minute mile).
- At the finish line, runners will be greeted by the Northern Virginia Bag Pipers – and a glass of beer (for runners of legal age).
- Naked Pizza will be serving food.
- The first 600 runners to register receive flannel boxer shorts and a Nearly Naked Mile pint glass.
- Prizes include cash – and Nearly Naked Mile robes
- Net proceeds will benefit Medstar Washington Hospital Center’s Burn Unit.
- Registration fee: $30. Vist PR Racing’s website to register.
LGBTQIA+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual/agender, and other gender and sexual minority identities (via Sharon McCutcheon/Unsplash) Students and staff in the LGBTQIA+ community expressed relief yesterday…
With giving Tuesday on the horizon, the season of charity and gift-giving has arrived. A number of local organizations have launched year-end campaigns and donations drives. We’ve rounded up some…
Meet Comical Coco, an adult chi mix, a 15-pound happy little guy who is reportedly great with other dogs and kids. Here’s what Stone’s friends at Safe Haven Puppy Rescue…
With Thanksgiving on the horizon, many local entities and organizations will be closed. Fairfax County government offices and Fairfax County Public Schools will be closed for Thanksgiving (Thursday, Nov. 25)…