This is a sponsored post by Eve Thompson of Reston Real Estate. She writes twice weekly on Reston Now.
I love Thanksgiving in Reston. Everyday, I am truly grateful to live in such an amazing place. In fact, my love of Reston had much to do with my decision to become a real estate agent, and everything to do with my decision to focus only on Reston Real Estate.
Helping people find a dream home in the place I call home really can’t be called work
As I’m getting ready for Thanksgiving this year, I’ve been reflecting on some of the things about Reston I especially love.
1. I love looking out of my office window at Lake Anne and watching the model boat regattas or couples paddling toward the fountain in a paddle boat.
2. I love going to the Farmer’s Market every weekend and buying fresh produce and meats from local farmers.
3. I love walking on the Reston Association paths—whether I have a destination like Reston Town Center in mind, or I’m just wandering.
4. I love running into friends at the grocery store or when I’m out to dinner.
5. I love the civic activism, and how people in Reston care about this place and want it to flourish; even when we’re disagreeing on how that should look.
There is more that I love about Reston, but those five things sum it up for me. Reston is a fabulous place not only to live, but to have a full life. Today, I feel very grateful.
I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with laughter, love, and gratitude.