The all-faiths service begins at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at United Christian Parish, 11508 North Shore Dr., in the church’s new sanctuary.
Each year, UCP’s service allows faith communities to come together in celebration of the diversity of peoples and faiths.
“We share the unity of our humanity in the simple, yet universal message of ‘giving thanks to God’ for then gift of community and lift up the call anew to care for our neighbors and neighborhood. Everyone is welcome! You don’t need to be part of any of the participating faith communities or organizations,” the church says on its website.
Organizations or individuals to be represented this year include:
- Ken Plum, Virginia State Representative, 36th District
- Cathy Hudgins, Fairfax County Supervisor, Hunter Mill District
- All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS Center)
- Shoreshim Community
- St. John Neumann Catholic Church
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Church
- Beloved Yoga
- Cornerstones (formerly Reston Interfaith)
- Washington West Film Festival
- Rev. Joan Bell-Haynes and Rev. Lloyd Kinzer, United Christian Parish;
A social time for connecting and reconnecting follows the service.
(Photo courtesy of United Christian Parish)
The skeletal remains of Michael Delaney, the Reston man who went missing from Reston Hospital in May 2020, have been found in the Sugarland Run area, Fairfax County police confirmed….
One of the two residential towers planned for the Faraday Park development near the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station is now open to residents. Move-ins for 242-unit Faraday West tower officially…
Open houses this weekend include a 4 BD/2.5 BA home on a large lot with a swimming pool.
Reston Community Center has announced the lineup its 2021-22 Professional Touring Artist Series. After a truncated season with limited audiences last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the series will…