UPDATE: Candle Caused Reston House Fire

Fire at 11410 Summer House Ct.Fairfax County Fire and Rescue investigators say a candle that was accidentally knocked over in the garage sparked a townhouse fire at 11410 Summer House Ct. on Tuesday.

Units were called to the fire about 1:25 p.m. and found heavy smoke and fire coming from the garage and first floor living area of the three-story, middle unit townhouse.

Firefighters conducted an aggressive fire attack and brought the fire under control in approximately 15 minutes, a fire rescue spokesman said. Firefighters kept the fire in check  and it did not  extend to adjacent units.

The fire caused extensive damage to the first and second stories of the home, and minor damage to the top floor.

An adult and two children were home when the fire broke out. They escaped unharmed. The occupants have been displaced. Red Cross support was offered but declined .

Smoke alarms did activate inside the home. There were no injuries.

Damage is estimated at $260,000.

Recent Stories

Columbia Associates is opening a new mental health clinic in Reston (courtesy Columbia Associates) A mental health facility has opened its doors in Reston, promising to help both clients and…

Live Fairfax: Fava Pot

Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Have you explored the culinary treasure…

The plan for a major residential neighborhood near the Innovation Center Metro station in the Herndon area is evolving. But the tweak won’t be approved by the Fairfax County Planning…

EVgo electric vehicle chargers (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) To further its environmental goals, Fairfax County’s to-do list should include building an electric vehicle charging network, addressing “critical” staff shortages,…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list