A snow storm is slated to hit the Reston area after sunset Wednesday night. The area is under a Winter Storm Warning, and 4 to 8 inches of snow could fall here between Wednesday night and Thursday afternoon.
- Fairfax County Public Schools have canceled all evening activities on Wednesday.
- Metrobus late-night bus service will be cancelled after 1 a.m. tonight, and MetroAccess service for riders with disabilities will be suspended tomorrow.
- Metrobus: Scheduled Metrobus trips that connect with the last trains of the night are expected to operate; however, all other Metrobus trips that originate at or after 1:00 a.m. will be cancelled tonight. (Metrobus trips that originate before 1:00 a.m.will continue to their final destination, even if the arrival time is later than 1:00 a.m.)
- MetroAccess: Due to the weather forecast and expected road conditions, all MetroAccess paratransit service will be suspended on Thursday. Service will be restored when it is safe to do so; however a time for service restoration is not yet known.
- Fairfax County’s Emergency Information blog has this list of reminders and important numbers.
- Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has issued a state of emergency for the commonwealth. A state of emergency, authorizes state agencies to position resources to prepare for the storm and recovery, including the Virginia Department of Emergency Management, the Department of Transportation, the Virginia National Guard and utility companies. McAuliffe said Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) crews are conducting anti-icing operations on major roadways across the state in preparation for the storm.
- VDOT says more than 12,300 pieces of equipment, including trucks and plows will be deployed. VDOT is also prepared to remove trees, branches and other debris that may fall on roadways. The agency said its goal is to have roads passable within 48 hours of the storm. To see when your street may be plowed after two inches of snow falls, visit www.vdotplows.org.
The former private venue will be preserved as part of the overall infill residential proposal (via JR Catering/Facebook) A nearly 9-acre property near Lake Fairfax Park in Reston could be…
The Fairfax County Government Center building (staff photo by David Taube) Local officials are already preparing for “one of the most challenging” budget talks in years due to inflation, the…
PayMore plans to open a location in Reston within two to three weeks (via PayMore) An electronics trading store is slated to open in Reston’s Home Depot by the end…
Wolftrap Creek in fall (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Route 7 Lane Shift in Reston Starts Today — “On or about Tuesday, Nov. 29, the right-turn lane from eastbound Route…
The Ravel Dance Studio will re-open for fall classes 2020. The school will offer in person and virtual online instruction. With over 5000 sq. ft. to social distance the school has added air ionization filtration systems, ballet barres, acrylic dividers, hands free bathrooms, strict monitoring and more.
The Ravel Dance Studio will produce a Nutcracker Ballet Hollywood style video through the Reston Community CenterStage. REGISTRATION online begins August 17.
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.