What you need to know:
* A National Weather Service (NWS) wind advisory remains in effect until 11 a.m. A wind advisory means gusts of 45 to 55 miles per hour are expected.
* 60 mile per hour winds were measured at Dulles International Airport overnight, according to the Capital Weather Gang.
* There are reports of several trees down in Reston.
* As of 7:30 a.m. Thursday, the traffic light at at Wiehle Avenue and Sunset Hills Road had blown down. Police are on the scene directing traffic.
* Fairfax County has issued a Red Flag Warning from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday. A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior.
* Dominion Virginia Power is reporting about 1,500 customers without power in Fairfax County as of 7:30 a.m.
Any wind damage in your neighborhood? Let us know. Send photos to [email protected].
The skeletal remains of Michael Delaney, the Reston man who went missing from Reston Hospital in May 2020, have been found in the Sugarland Run area, Fairfax County police confirmed….
One of the two residential towers planned for the Faraday Park development near the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station is now open to residents. Move-ins for 242-unit Faraday West tower officially…
Open houses this weekend include a 4 BD/2.5 BA home on a large lot with a swimming pool.
Reston Community Center has announced the lineup its 2021-22 Professional Touring Artist Series. After a truncated season with limited audiences last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the series will…