A 15-year-old girl was treated for alcohol poisoning and a 48-year old woman charged after officers from Fairfax County Police’s Reston District Station were called to a Great Falls party on Saturday.
Police responded to a report of an alcohol overdose at a party in the 10000 block of Akhtamar Drive in Great Falls on Saturday, April 26 around 11 p.m.
Officers transported the teen to the hospital after they found her unconscious on a couch in the home.
Police also found about 50 other teenagers at the home. The teen party had allegedly been advertised on social media, they said.
The host, a 48-year-old woman, was charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, which is a misdemeanor under Virginia law. She told NBC4 she did not give the girl alcohol and that the girl had crashed the party with some other teens.
Police and the Unified Prevention Coalition want to remind residents that the “Parents Who Host Lose the Most” program is underway in the month of May. The program is dedicated to keeping youth and young adults safe and drug free.
Police say parents need to know:
- It is illegal for anyone under 21 to drink alcohol.
- Under age 24, the brain is still growing and negatively affected by alcohol.
- Parents can be prosecuted under the law for hosting underage drinking parties.
- It is unsafe and illegal for persons under 21 to drive after consuming alcohol (.02 blood alcohol content or above).
- Don’t risk living with the burden of an unnecessary death or accident because you provided or allowed alcohol use by someone under the age of 21.
The St. James has signed a lease at One Freedom Plaza for a 25,000-square-foot facility at 11951 Freedom Drive. The company, the region’s largest athletic facility, plans to open a…
An overturned car has prompted the closure of both sides of Herndon Parkway between Spring Street and the Herndon Police Department. Local police encourage residents to avoid the area and…
Commercial Buildings Win Awards — Projects in Fairfax County received 10 honors at the NAIOP Northern Virginia awards earlier this month. College Board in Reston received the award of excellence…
Join the Kensington Reston at the Memory Cafe on December 2 to learn more about the Memory Care Center.